The Clark County Single Parent Scholarship Fund recently awarded 15 spring scholarships valued at $7,900 for Clark and Pike Counties.
The Clark County Single Parent Scholarship Fund recently awarded 15 spring scholarships valued at $7,900 for Clark and Pike Counties. Pictured are the recipients who were present for the ceremony at the Southern Bancorp meeting room.
Money for the scholarships comes from various grants, board fundraising, match money from the state organization, and private donations. Recipients must be pursuing a career-oriented course of study to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family and a resident of the county from which their funding is designated. Scholarship amounts vary and are based on number of credit hours the recipient is enrolled in.
The spring 2018 recipients and their donors are:
• Arkadelphia Multicultural Entertainment Group (AMEG) Scholar: Kyauna Wells
• Cabe Foundation Scholars: Kayla Clark, Nakia Ollison and Lillian Williams.
• Vickie Faust Scholar: Diominique McKissick
• Ross Foundation Scholars: Kimberly Buford, Lakesha Hughes, China Lay, Meagan Bolton, Brucilla Buford, Addison Forthman and Jessica Rainey.
• United Way Scholars: Lauren Black and Alesha Harrison.
• Pike County recipient (General Funds): Alicia Neel
For more information about the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund or to apply for a spring scholarship, go to aspsf.org.