An Arkadelphia man faces felony charges in circuit court for a January incident at a local motel.

An Arkadelphia man faces felony charges in circuit court for a January incident at a local motel.
Tobey Alexander Marshall, 24, was placed in custody following a Jan. 14 fight outside Pioneer Inn.
According to the police report, Officer Christopher Sparks was in the area when he was nearly struck by a vehicle fleeing the motel at approximately 2:10 a.m. Sparks attempted to conduct a traffic stop, but the driver of the vehicle kept driving west on Caddo Street slowly before allegedly stopping in the middle of the street near the intersection of Eleventh and Pine Streets.
A white male departed the vehicle and fled. After the chase, he was identified as Marshall. During the arrest, a wallet and two cell phones were found in his possession by Cpl. Aaron Abbott.
Abbott was later dispatched to the Tiger Mart to talk with the victim, who informed Abbott that he was a resident at the Pioneer Inn and had been in his apartment when he heard knocking on the door.
Upon answering, the victim encountered Marshall, who allegedly struck him in the side of the head with a handgun. Marshall allegedly informed the victim that he was going to kill him if he did not supply $7,000. The victim was able to flee from Marshall and reach the Tiger Mart after receiving alleged threats from Marshall.
The suspect reportedly took the victim's room keys, cell phone and wallet during the attack. In addition, Marshall allegedly pulled a phone cord from the wall and walked the victim to the parking lot at gunpoint. He had also ordered the victim to put into a bag all of his belongings.
It was during an attempt to get into a vehicle that the victim attempted to escape, before being caught by Marshall. The suspect's gun fell during the struggle and the victim fled again.
The weapon used in the altercation was identified as a Daisy Powerling co2 BB gun. It was found in the driver’s side floorboard of the vehicle. Located in the rear seat door was a white glove.
Marshall was taken to the Clark County Sheriff’s Office. Authorities later spoke with Marshall’s girlfriend, who informed officers that Marshall had left the room at 1:35 a.m. She confirmed that she was aware of what happened because the victim had called her around 2:16 a.m.
The bag used to pack belongings was found in the backseat of the victim’s vehicle. He identified one of the phones as his, along with his wallet, which had been found nearby. When authorities packaged items for evidence, they discovered a handwritten note. On it was what appeared to be instructions regarding a robbery. It was found in the wallet Marshall had in his possession.
Marshall, who is still in custody, was charged with aggravated robbery, kidnapping, terroristic threatening, and misdemeanor fleeing.
The state is asserting he should receive lengthier prison terms due to his having been convicted of previous felonies. If convicted of robbery or kidnapping, Marshall could spend 10-60 years or life behind bars.