The Clark County Single Parent Scholarship Fund recently awarded 39 fall scholarships valued at $18,623.10 for Clark, Pike, Hot Spring and Saline Counties.
The Clark County Single Parent Scholarship Fund recently awarded 39 fall scholarships valued at $18,623.10 for Clark, Pike, Hot Spring and Saline Counties. Pictured are the recipients who were present for the ceremony at Arkadelphia Town Hall.
Money for the scholarships comes from various grants, board fundraising, match money from the state organization, and private donations. Recipients must be pursuing a career-oriented course of study to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family and a resident of the county from which their funding is designated. Scholarship amounts vary and are based on number of credit hours the recipient is enrolled in.
The fall 2017 recipients and their donors are:
• Entergy Scholars: Alicia Neel (Pike County), Anitra Horton (Clark County), Jacqueline Anderson (Hot Spring County), and Macy Moore (Saline County).
• ADHE (Arkansas Department of Higher Education) Scholars: Clark County-Keasa Arnold, Tia Larry, and Brucilla Buford. Hot Spring County-Ashley Berry-Walker, Chantel McGill, Shayla Warner. Saline County-Ahlena Faver, Candace McJunkin, Courtney Glass, Demi Pigue, Jessica Cook, Jordan Moskow, Kelly Wilkerson, Makayla Easterling, Miranda Toland, and Valerie Caraker.
Local Clark County Donors/ Scholars include:
• Brookshire’s Scholar: Alesha Harrison
• Cabe Foundation Scholars: Meagan Bolton, Jessica Rainey, Lillian Williams, Nakia Ollison.
• Ross Foundation Scholars: Andrea Garland, Bobbie Mitchell, Kimberly Buford, Neci Davis, Diominique McKissick, Jessica Fitzgerald, Lauren Black, De’Anna Plummer, Onna McClanahan, Michael Massey.
• United Way Scholars: Morgan Crawley, Jasmine Dickerson, Patrick Jimenez, Kyauna Wells.
For more information about the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund or to apply for a spring scholarship, go to aspsf.org.