|
|
Arkadelphia Siftings Herald - Arkadelphia, AR
  • Firefighters respond to chimney fire

  • A Hemphill Road man awoke early Wednesday morning to discover his chimney was on fire.
    • email print
  • A Hemphill Road man awoke early Wednesday morning to discover his chimney was on fire.
    At 2:06 a.m. Wednesday, the Arkadelphia Fire Department responded to 209 Hemphill Road when Diego Cordova called to report a house fire.
    According to Fire Chief Ricky Arnold, AFD personnel and volunteer firefighters responded to find smoke emitting from the house and "heavy smoke inside the house." Arnold said the fire was contained to walls on both sides of the fireplace.
    "There was a lot of smoke damage to the house," Arnold said. "We had to do some more damage to get to the hot spots behind the chimney."
    There were no injuries from the blaze, Arnold said.
    Firefighters were on scene for about 2 1/2 hours.

        calendar