A Presidential Search Advisory Committee was announced this week to assist in finding a new president at Henderson State University.
A Presidential Search Advisory Committee was announced this week to assist in finding a new president at Henderson State University. The committee will begin meeting in January and will provide input and feedback from the campus and community on active and prospective presidential candidates.
Committee members include:
• Johnny Hudson, chair of Henderson’s Board of Trustees (committee chair)
• Dr. Peggy Bailey, Ellis College representative
• Paulette Blacknall, director of the Southwest Arkansas Educational Renewal Zone
• Dr. Troy Bray, 2011 Faculty Senate president
• Don Case, HSU Foundation board member
• Buddy Formby, Henderson alumnus
• Dr. Rhonda Harrington, Teachers College representative
• Dr. Margaret Hoskins, School of Business representative
• Becky Jester, director of the Dawson Educational Cooperative
• Kyle Jones, director of research and grants for City of Arkadelphia and HSU alumnus
• Opal Kelley, 2010-2011 student Government Association president
• Deborah Sesser, 2011 Staff Senate president
• Allen Tillery, Henderson alumnus
Hudson said the university hopes the new president will assume office on or before July 1, 2011.
For more information about the presidential search, please go to www.hsu.edu/presidentialsearch.